Trio Cafe

In this world there are a few things that I consider to be genius inventions and all day breakfast menus sits comfortably as one of these things. Trio Cafe is located literally next to Bondi Beach along Campbell Parade and serves gorgeous breakfast, brunch and lunch all day. ALL DAY. M and I devoured the below at 3pm - what could possibly be more genius and amazing than this?


If you are lucky like us and get a great table, you sit watching the waves of Bondi Beach hit from afar. Quite stunning on a beautiful Sydney day. You can get here easily by car and park at the beach parking or take a bus from Bondi Junction train station.


The menu makes me so happy because there are so many choices! More choices, whilst frustrating when you can't decide, is still better than limited options. M and I spent a good deal of time tossing between ordering from the breakfast or lunch menu. Everything sounds too good!




How cute does my Skim Cappucino ($4) look? Emblazed with the Trio logo, very clever latte art! Delicious and frothy also.




It was the first time I tried Mediterranean Breakfast ($26) and I definitely loved it. My plate was generously adorned with Poached Eggs with Truffle Oil on Olive Sourdough, served with Char-Grilled Haloumi, Crispy Pancetta, Semi-Dried Tomatoes, Spinach and Chorizo. There was nothing that I didn't like on the plate and it was ultimately one hell of a feast. The poached egg was beautiful in all its oozing glory and I loved the flavoursome kick from the crispy pancetta and choizo. The only thing to fault would be the sourdough as  it had a hint of sweetness in the bread (probably from the raisins) - I'm not a big fan of merging my savoury with my sweet but it wasn't too bad.




M's order of Eye Fillet Steak Sandwich ($25) was also not an order for the faint hearted. It was a huge plate filled with said sandwich along with Bacon Jam, Cheddar, Cos Lettuce, Tomato and Cafe De Paris Butter, served with Kipfler Home Fries. I took a bite of the sandwich and it was packed with flavour. The meat was well-marinated and was super tasty with the bread. I also loved the side of potatoes diped into the sauce - creamy and delicious!



Despite our late arrival at 3pm, the place was still quite busy and I can understand why. The food here is of substantial size and tastes uber delicious. They have definitely mastered the art of brunching. Service was also very friendly and attentive.


So the next time you sleep past your alarm but still feel like brunch, here's a place to consider :)






Trio Cafe
56 Campbell Parade
Bondi Beach NSW 2026
02 9365 6044

http://www.triocafe.com.au/

Trio on Urbanspoon

Labels: , ,